SEMH Experienced Teaching Assistant
A two form entry primary school in West Drayton, London Borough of Hillingdon are currently seeking a Teaching Assistant with SEN experience (SEMH) for a role beginning in November 2018.
The school was awarded a "Good" rating in it's recent OFSTED inspection and hopes to build on this success.
You would be joining a team whose aim is to provide the best educational care and transition pathways for children and young people from ages 5-11 years; who experience difficulties with their learning, communication and social emotional mental health needs.
About The Role:
- Provide engaging one-to-one support for students with specific needs
- Monitor and evaluate each child's learning under the guidance of the teacher
- Assist teachers in the use of relevant behaviour management strategies to ensure a purposeful environment for teaching and learning to take place
- Aid all learners in their planned structured work
- Ability to work with learners that have various learning barriers
- Have a genuine empathy and understanding of the students with emotional needs
- Willingness to learn and build relationships with students
- Strong communication skills
- Hold a relevant teaching qualification
- 6 months classroom experience (minimum)
If you are interested in the role then apply soon as the position is due to commence at the end of October.