Graduate Teaching Assistant
TAHIL - 07
A Primary School in Hillingdon is keen to recruit an ambitious English graduate to support a class teacher in Year 6. There will be a strong emphasis on improving Literacy and Numeracy levels through intervention work and also preparing children for their SAT's examinations.
The school is based in Hayes, London Borough of Hillingdon and is easily accessible by train and local bus services.
About the role:
- Supporting pupils one-to-one and in small groups
- Raising attainment through literacy skills
- Helping children in preparation for SATS
- Assisting the class teacher when required
- Liaising with parents and teachers regarding student progress
- Working with children in key stage 2
If you are keen to work as an English Learning Support Mentor/ TA before considering a PGCE or other teacher training, then this role could be perfect for you. The school have a bespoke programme that is specifically designed to help high achieving graduates gain paid experience prior to starting teacher training.
- "Can do" attitude.
- Previous experience within a classroom environment (desirable)
- Available Full time to start ASAP
- Degree educated
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills
The school is looking to interview and trial potential candidates during the first week back after the October half term so make sure to apply ASAP to be considered for the position.