SEN Teaching Assistant
Are you a hard-working Teaching Assistant with a Speech and Language Specialism looking for a new role based in Brent borough?
A two form entry Primary School which is a 10 minute walk away from the train station is looking for an individual to start in November 2018. This role is initially for one and a half terms in the first instance, with the potential to extend for the right candidate.
This Primary School is a vibrant and happy learning community and staff work hard to provide a stimulating, exciting environment where everyone feels valued and safe.
Summary of the role:
- A SEN Teaching Assistant who has previous experience of working with students with complex needs, in particular speech, language & communication needs (SLCN).
- A committed individual, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning throughout their role.
- A passionate and hard-working Teaching Assistant who has experience of providing Speech and Language Therapy.
Working across the school providing therapeutic support to key children, the successful Teaching Assistant will play a lead role in identifying communication difficulties and will help deliver structured programs to assist all of the pupil's positive progression throughout their development.
- Level 3 qualified and/or Graduate
- SEN experience including supporting Speech & Language needs
- Classroom experience in a Primary School setting
- 2 References and a DBS on the update service (or willingness to apply for a DBS through TERS)
The school is looking to interview and trial potential candidates in November 2018.